MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES AND TOWNS IN SWITZERLAND
- 1 MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES AND TOWNS IN SWITZERLAND
- 2 TOP SWISS VILLAGES AND TOWNS
- 2.1 Stein am Rhein
- 2.2 Schaffhausen
- 2.3 Thun
- 2.4 Interlaken
- 2.5 Appenzell
- 2.6 Montreux
- 2.7 Solothurn
- 2.8 Grindelwald
- 2.9 Ascona
- 2.10 Mürren
- 2.11 Zermatt
- 2.12 Brienz
- 2.13 Locarno
- 2.14 Spiez
- 2.15 Nyon
- 2.16 Lauterbrunnen
- 2.17 Wengen
- 2.18 Verbier
- 2.19 Morcote
- 2.20 Soglio
- 2.21 FINAL THOUGHT ON THE BEST TOWNS TO VISIT IN SWITZERLAND
The breathtaking scenery in Switzerland is one of a kind! But did you know, that Switzerland is home to many cute, fairy-tale towns and villages as well? Here is a list of the beautiful villages and best towns to visit in Switzerland – places to add to your Switzerland bucket list!
TOP SWISS VILLAGES AND TOWNS
While I can understand the urge to spend as much time as possible in nature, I also recommend exploring the many cute towns and finding out more about the other side of Switzerland.
- P.S. Even if you are not a budget traveler, read my budget travel tips for Switzerland. After all, Switzerland is extremely pricey, and some money tips might be welcomed.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means I might earn a commission when you buy a product/service via my link (at no extra cost to you). More about it here.
Stein am Rhein
- Canton: Schaffhausen
Stein and Rhein feels unreal! Located in northern Switzerland, close to the German border, this town is one of the best-preserved medieval towns in the country!
Stein am Rhein is so exquisitely pretty I couldn’t believe I waited so long and didn’t visit until my eighth or ninth Switzerland trip to pay a visit finally.
Don’t miss out or you might end up regretting it because it truly is a unique town.
The town is pretty small so walking around doesn’t take long.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN STEIN AM RHEIN
- Despite its small size, it is stuffed with gorgeous houses which have fascinating architecture.
- The facades are stunning, and you do not have to search for long to find them. However, even if you do take your time, the town will not take more than a few hours.
- After strolling in the town center, you could spend some time walking along the Rhein river or even do a boat tour.
- After that, check out Hohenklingen Castle and enjoy the splendid views from there.
- You can also visit one of the many vineyards in the area and try wine-tasting.
- Find out more about Stein am Rhein here.
WHERE TO STAY IN STEIN AM RHEIN
There are no luxury hotels in Stein am Rhein and the choice of hotels is limited.
- This hotel seems to be a good option – it is directly located in the town center and has good reviews.
- This youth hostel might be a more budget-friendly option in Stein am Rhine.
- Canton: Schaffhausen
Close to Stein am Rhein is another small gem: Schaffhausen is the capital of the canton Schaffhausen and is known as the city of oriel windows (check out the picture below to see why).
Most people skip the town center of Schaffhausen and instead visit the Rhine Falls only. After all, they are the biggest waterfalls in Europe! However, if you ask me, this is a mistake. It is worth taking a little detour from the Rhine Falls and spending a few hours in lovely and colorful Schaffhausen as well.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN SCHAFFHAUSEN
- Visit Munot, a hilltop fortress and tower, where you can find great views of the Rhein River and some vineyards as well as Schaffhausen
- Stroll the Rhine River
- Roam the town center which is extremely vibrant. Actually, it is one of the most colorful I have seen in Europe
- Visiting the Rhine Falls is another fun thing to do near Schaffhausen
WHERE TO STAY IN SCHAFFHAUSEN
I stayed at Hotel Rüden – a very authentic Swiss hotel in the old town and can recommend it though it is quite basic, the location was good.
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
One of the most beautiful towns to go to in Switzerland is…Thun, located in Bernese Oberland.
Regular readers might have thought that Interlaken would be at the top of my list for the cutest towns, but I actually prefer Thun over Interlaken when it comes down to it.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN THUN
- Walk along Lake Thun – it is lovely
- Also, the town center is exceptionally pretty! An exceptional pretty medieval town with an exceptional beautiful market square.
- There get to Schloss Thun for some of the best views over Thun.
- Make sure to visit Schloss Schadau, a beauty, and since there is some greenery there, it is also a great place to relax. Behind it is Lake Thun, one of my favorite lakes in Switzerland, where you have great views of the Swiss Skyline (which consists of the stunning mountains Mönch, Eiger, and Jungfrau).
- It is one of the nicest walks you can have because you are right by the water most of the time, and it is just so gorgeous. If you ask me, you should skip the bus and just walk!
- Here is my Thun guide.
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
Interlaken, which means ‘in between the lakes,’ is in the midst of two lakes – Lake Thun, Lake Brienz. It is located in Bernese Oberland and is one of the main places to see in the region of Interlaken/Jungfrau.
It is one of the most popular tourist spots in Switzerland. Quoting from hear-say, it is one of the very few places that will never have to worry about a lack of tourists as people just keep visiting. Despite the extreme prices there it is one of my favorite stops for a road trip in Switzerland.
My favorite thing about Interlaken is its great location for surrounding attractions – like the Jungfraujoch. Having two train stations really opens up your options for a whole range of excursions.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN INTERLAKEN
- You have options of zorbing, bungee jumping, and sky diving all available through the Alpin Center.
- They also offer lots of hiking/biking treks and trails for those wanting to enjoy the clear mountain air without the adrenaline.
- Stroll the main shopping street and have a picnic at Höhematte park afterward.
- Visit Lake Brienz and Lake Thun (Interlaken is located right in between the lakes).
- Check out my Interlaken guide for more ideas on what to do.
WHERE TO STAY IN INTERLAKEN
Interlaken is home to some amazing hotels – amazing and expensive.
- I recently stayed in the newly renovated Hotel du Nord. I actually was very positively surprised (the reviews were not great, but since all rooms were renovated lately, it is a great place to stay). Click here to get the best deals.
- If you are on a budget, I recommend staying at this gorgeous hostel. This hostel is a bit more expensive than others, but the best I have stayed at in Switzerland and they also offer free parking.
- Check out my full guide on the best places to stay in Interlaken.
- Canton: Appenzell Innerrhoden
If you are looking for colorful places, you have found the right place in Appenzell. The canton’s capital, Appenzell Innerrhoden, is tiny but seriously cute with many colorful, one-of-a-kind houses.
It is not one of the hotspots (yet), and shops are not open for longer during the day, but it makes a great day trip from Zürich, especially if you also visit one of the mountains nearby Ebenalp Mountain. Besides, if you are looking for a chocolate box town that isn’t yet stuffed with tourists, choose Appenzell.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN APPENZELL
- Explore the tiny village center of Appenzell
- Either hike up Ebenalp Mountain (or just get the cable car) that is in the area. There you can also see the amazing mountain guest house “The Aescher”.
- Check out my Appenzell travel guide for more info.
WHERE TO STAY IN APPENZELL
- The Gasthaus Hotel Hof is located in the town center (with free parking space),. If you are looking for a friendly, welcoming family-run hotel, this might be a perfect choice. It is quite simple and basic but a good choice. Check out rates here.
- If you want something fancier, check out this 4-star hotel in Appenzell.
- Canton: Vaud
The reason Montreux has made it onto my top ten list is easy: Montreux is just stunning and owes its beauty to the fact that it mostly consists of flowers and Lake Geneva.
It may sound like an exaggeration, but when you visit, you really cannot help but be amazed by the generous display of flowers you see lined up by the lake.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN MONTREUX
- Lake Geneva is so inviting – hop in and take a swim. If this is the case, there are many easily accessible spots to take the plunge.
- Take boat tours out onto Lake Geneva – include a boat tour with a visit of Lausanne or Geneva.
- See Chateau de Chillon, a magnificent castle perched on a rocky base a few meters from the lake’s coast.
- If vineyards are more your thing, just go towards Chexbres to see the Lavaux UNESCO World Heritage Site’s terraced vineyards, where you can also do some wine-tasting.
- Check out my Montreux guide for more travel tips.
WHERE TO STAY IN MONTREUX
- Luxury Hotels in Montreux: For one of the most luxurious experiences in Montreux, check out Fairmont Le Montreux Palace. This 5-star hotel has a great location and is best known amongst those who like to indulge.
- Mid-Range Hotels in Montreux: As mentioned above, I stayed at the lovely 4-star hotel Eurotel which you can check out here – I was more than happy with my choice.
- Canton: Solothurn
Solothurn is another charming town that is well worth a visit. It is located northeast of Switzerland and I was positively surprised by how pretty Solothurn actually is. The town center is tiny, but you will find some interesting pieces of architecture.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN SOLOTHURN
- One of the most famous is the St. Ursen Cathedral, located in the town center, and there is also the famous clock, Zeitglockenturm.
- It is a car-free town, so it is actually very nice to stroll around.
- Though it seemed that the restaurant choices lined up along the beautiful Aare (my favorite river in Switzerland) weren’t great, I was happy to grab an ice cream after lunch and enjoy the sunshine by the river.
Listening to the people around me as I basked in the glorious sunshine, I could tell that the area was popular with the locals and tourists. So, if you find yourself in Zürich or Bern and are looking for a getaway, visit Solothurn.
WHERE TO STAY IN SOLOTHURN
- Bern or Zurich are great places to do a day trip from. For accommodation in Zurich, click here.
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
One of the most famous villages in Switzerland is probably Grindelwald. It is located in the Jungfrau/Interlaken region with great views of the Swiss Skyline.
The town itself is so popular because it is in one of the most visited regions for skiing and in summer it is a great base for people who like to hike. There are many attractions in Grindelwald.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN GRINDELWALD
- The town center itself is tiny, and you can pass through in a concise amount of time but it is extremely picturesque and especially perfect for those who like to be more active because there are so many mountains and great places close by.
- Hike to Bachalpsee Lake, where you can take in various wildflowers, mountain peaks, glaciers, and the lake itself.
- Grindelwald is also a pouplar base when visiting Jungfraujoch.
- Check out my Grindelwald guide for summer – here is also a post on what to do in Grindelwald in winter.
WHERE TO STAY IN GRINDELWALD
There are some very nice, typical Swiss hotels in Grindelwald.
- I stayed once at the Hotel Caprice Grindelwald and really liked it.
- The other hotel I stayed at was the only 5-star hotel in Grindewald. The lovely Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof. Check out rates here.
- Canton: Ticino
Colorful Ascona, located on Lake Maggiore’s northern shore and just 30 minutes away from the Italian border, is brimming with Italian style! Not only this, but it combines a warm climate perfect for palm trees with fantastic views of the Alps.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN ASCONA
- The Old Town and its lively piazza make Ascona special.
- From here, you can saunter down the lanes to the Lake Promenade filled with street cafes where you can take time to relax and enjoy the views.
- Ascona offers boat rentals or even stand-up paddleboard rentals so you can explore the lake yourself.
- Another idea is to book a boat ride to Brissago Islands’ botanical park to see 1500 different plant species.
- To get even closer to nature, Ascona has great alpine trails for hiking, biking, or rock climbing, so whether you want sunshine and relaxation or to make a splash and get lost in the wilds, you can do it all in Ascona.
- Check out my Ascona travel guide for more tips.
WHERE TO STAY IN ASCONA
- Luxury Hotels in Locarno/Orselina. Villa Orselina is a top luxurious small boutique hotel in Orselina, not too far from Ascona. Check out prices here.
Find out more about great places to stay in Switzerland.
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
Mürren is a tiny traditional Swiss village, complete with snow-blanketed little wooden chalets, and wildflowers at the foot of Schilthorn peak.Mürren itself is very small. Located on a sunny terrace, you will find incredible views of the Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau mountains (the Swiss Skyline).
TOP THINGS TO DO IN MURREN
- Get up Schilthorn Mountain. From the top, at almost 3,000 meters above sea level, you have an amazing panorama of the Swiss Skyline and more.
- Up there, you have the Piz Gloria revolving restaurant, which was a filming location of an 007-Bon movie (On Her Majesty’s Secret Service). At the same time you dine, views of 200 snow-capped mountain peaks make for a spectacular experience. In addition, you will even find a James Bond museum there.
- My Murren travel guide has more information for you.
WHERE TO STAY IN MÜRREN
- Canton: Valais
Zermatt is a picturesque village nestled at the foot of the world-famous Matterhorn, a huge pyramidal mountain peak straddling the border between Switzerland and Italy.
In summer, brightly colored flowers spill from window boxes, and wobbly weather-beaten chalets on cobblestone streets complete the look. The main street runs through the village and is lined with restaurants, bakeries, and shops…add Zermatt to your Switzerland itinerary.
Zermatt is one of the best places for winter sports enthusiasts and offers many different excursions. There are 38 peaks over 4,000 meters and 360 kilometers of pistes for skiers!
However, Matterhorn is also great to visit in summer.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN ZERMATT
- Check out the Matterhorn museum, where you can see the equipment used in the first tragic ascent of the peak in 1865.
- The highest cable car station in Europe at 3883 meters high is called Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Here there are breathtaking views out onto France, Italy, and Switzerland. While you’re up there, don’t miss out on the Glacier Palace!
- Another fun activity is a visit to Gorner Gorge. Created by the waters of the Gornervispe river rushing through the gorge has grown ever deeper.
- Check out my Zermatt in winter guide or my tips for the best things to do in Zermatt.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN ZERMATT
- Luxury hotels in Zermatt: This luxury hotel in Zermatt knows how to spoil its guests, the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof.
- Mid-range hotels in Zermatt: Here is an idea for mid-range hotels in Zermatt: Sunstar Style Hotel. The prices were very reasonable (summer prices are normally better than the prices in winter) and the location was great.
- Click here to find my accommodation guide for Zermatt.
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
Another gorgeous village in Bernese Oberland is Brienz and located on the shores of my favorite lake in the country: Lake Brienz.
It is most famous for its wood carving and violin making and continues in these traditions today. Many of the houses here are decorated with carvings making the village its own best advertisement.
If you love the relaxing feeling of being near the water anywhere near as much as I do, then you will adore Brienz.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN BRIENZ
- If you are thinking of taking a boat trip make sure to see the Giessbach Falls. These consist of 14 consecutive waterfalls, falling from a height of 500 meters, and if you’re willing to walk the steep path right up to them, you can even walk behind some of the falls.
- It is also a great starting point for walking in the surrounding area. You can take one really popular route along the lake’s southern bank from Bonigen to Giessbach and through Iseltwald.
- For the ultimate in romance, head to Brungasse, once given the title of the most beautiful street in Europe.
- A must-do in Brienz is getting up Brienzer Rothorn mountain. You can either hike up or take the steam locomotive. The views at the top do not disappoint, revealing the Bernese Alps and Lake Brienz. Check out my detailed guide on a trip to Brienzer Rothorn.
- Canton: Ticino
Locarno, a short journey north-east from Ascona, shares the same warm climate and Mediterranean feel and is one of the best villages to visit in the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland.
It’s a lively town with great views of Lake Maggiore, and the warm weather blesses the town with palm trees, lemon trees, and bounteous displays of blossoming flowers early each year.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN LOCARNO
- One beauty spot to include on your Locarno itinerary is the Sacred Mount Madonna del Sasso in Orselina. The church here lies on an outcrop of rock where you can admire the area’s natural beauty and out over Locarno, Lake Maggiore, and the surrounding mountains.
- While you are in the Orselina, you can take a cable car up to Cardada Mountain, also known as ‘the Pearl of Lake Maggiore’- where you can sit and enjoy the spectacular views of the Locarno region.
- A special spectacle here is the International Film Festival each year when the Piazza Grande becomes a huge open-air cinema.
- In winter, if you are fortunate, you will be able to witness the sea fog that rolls in the cover the whole of the Lake Maggiore basin.
- Locarno has boat trips out on the lake in the same manner as Ascona.
- If you want to spend time in the water, check out Lido Locarno, where you can relax in one of its many thermal baths or pools.
- If you want an adrenaline kick, you can do a “James Bond- Golden Eye bungee jump” at Contra Dam, close to Locarno.
WHERE TO STAY IN LOCARNO
- Luxury Hotels in Locarno – I have stayed at a couple of very luxurious hotels, but this is probably one of my favorites. Villa Orselina is a top luxurious small boutique hotel in Orselina, just a few minutes from Locarno. Check out prices here.
- Mid-Range Hotels in Locarno – Hotel Garni Muralto. I did not stay here, but it is one of the best-rated hotels in that price range. Find out prices here. It is not directly in Locarno, but Muralto which just borders Locarno and you can get there within minutes.
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
Picture perfect Spiez sits on a promontory jutting out into Lake Thun, above which the Niederhorn mountain range stretches out to the Bernese Alps, creating wonderful views.
The area around Spiez is a lush mixture of gardens, vineyards, and forests perfect for hiking and biking. There is a great holiday atmosphere in Spiez, and the bay is regarded as one of the most beautiful in Europe (according to me).
TOP THINGS TO DO IN SPIEZ
- Castle Spiez looms, with its imposing size and huge tower, over the village. If you take a look inside, you will find that it has a stunning interior with lots of history, and if you climb the tower, you are rewarded with even gorgeous views of the lake.
- There are also great hiking trails here, including a 14km Spiez circular hiking trail. If you need a rest after that, you can try a relaxing cruise on the lake. The paddlewheel steamship ferries passengers from Thun to Interlaken all year around.
- There’s a wine-growing museum where you can learn about local viticulture, and of course, if you like wine, you have to stop by at a local wine cellar and try some of the produce.
- Last but not least – and one of the most obvious activities will be like strolling the beautiful, beautiful promenade. Here you have the French Riveria while being in the German-speaking part of Switzerland.
- Check out my Spiez travel guide for more tips.
- Canton: Vaud
Nyon is a pleasant and peaceful little town on Lake Geneva’s shores and amid La Cote’s vineyards. It was built originally around Chateaux de Nyon, which now towers over the Old Town.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN NYON
- Nyon is also known for its lovely marina and the lakeside promenade.
- It’s also particularly family-friendly, and the town’s free beaches and many parks and play areas are perfect for helping wear out your little ones.
- If you pay a visit to the Chateaux de Nyon, access to the courtyard and terrace is free and provides spectacular views of Lake Geneva, the French Alps, and Mont Blanc – on clear days, you will even see the famous Jet d’Eau fountain in Geneva.
- To learn more about Lake Geneva or ‘Lac Leman’, you can go and saunter around the Museum of Lake Geneva to learn about its origins, flora and fauna, and local history. If you have kids with you, they have many opportunities for interactive learning.
WHERE TO STAY IN / NEAR NYON
- I visited Nyon twice for a couple of hours. Montreux was my base because Nyon can easily be reached by boat or train. In Montreux, I recommend a beautiful 4* hotel with a great view of Lake Geneva. Find accommodation in Nyon and get the best price
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
One of the most famous towns in Switzerland (or better village) is Lauterbrunnen. A must-see for your Switzerland itinerary. Lauterbrunnen translates as ‘many fountains’.
It is situated in a U-shaped valley surrounded by the magnificent Alps and boasts as many as 72 thundering waterfalls amongst alpine meadows and mountain inns and is, in fact, one of the biggest nature conservation areas in Switzerland.
The town itself is filled with beautiful timber facades and lies right alongside the beautiful crystal-clear river of the glacier-fed Lutschine, making it one of the most beautiful places.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN LAUTERBRUNNEN
- Two major attractions in Lauterbrunnen are Staubbach Falls on the edge of the village, where water plunges almost 300 meters from an overhanging cliff face, and the Trummelbach Falls – Europe’s largest subterranean caves containing ten thundering waterfalls which have carved the rock over millions of years into strange and wonderful shapes.
- Lauterbrunnen doesn’t just have waterfalls to offer, though. You can also take the Jungfraubahn (a cog railway) to Europe’s highest railway station, the Jungfraujoch, at 3454meter above sea level.
- And of course, the Schilthorn Mountain peak is another must-see when in Lauterbrunnen, where you can enjoy scenic views of the mountains Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau. You can take cable cars or hike up. On the way to the top, you will also see pretty Mürren.
- Check out my Lauterbrunnen post for more info.
WHERE TO STAY IN LAUTERBRUNNEN
- I visited Lauterbrunnen several times when staying in Grindelwald and can recommend this typical Swiss hotel in Grindelwald – just click here (easy to get from Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen).
- Canton: Bernese Oberland
Another car-free, family-friendly resort is Wengen, which is known for its pure mountain air and sunny location amongst the alpine pastures and forests at the foot of the Jungfrau.
Views from here include the spectacular Lauterbrunnen Valley and the Jungfrau mountain range’s snow-capped peaks.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN WENGEN
- Wengen, like Lauterbrunnen, is a good setting-off point to take the Jungfraubahn railway journey up onto the Jungfraujoch summit, one of the best of Switzerland’s tourist spots. The journey takes you through a 7km tunnel in the rock with viewing windows so you can peek into the magical glacier world beyond. Once at the summit, ‘the top of Europe,’ you can explore the ice carvings in the ice palace or take a husky driven sled ride, and that’s before mentioning the stunning panoramic views of the snow-covered Alps.
- There are opportunities for hiking, biking, river rafting, canyoning, and even paragliding for those who want even more adventure in and near Wengen.
WHERE TO STAY IN WENGEN
Wengen has some nice hotels to stay at. If you book a hotel, I recommend staying at a hotel with a Swiss Skyline view (Mönch, Eiger, Jungfrau).
- Canton: Valais
One of the very best towns to visit in the winter is Verbier. This small town is the perfect winter destination – and one of the best towns for winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, and more. I only visited in the winter and had my first ski experiences here – and it was amazing.
THINGS TO DO IN VERBIER
- In winter, make sure you do all the winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, sledding, and more. I did experience my first ski lessons here, and it was amazing. While Switzerland surely is a winter wonderland, Verbier is perfect for anyone enjoying winter sports – whether you are a beginner or experienced.
- But even if you are not into winter sports – you can enjoy beautiful mountain views.
- While I cannot say much about visiting in the summer, this is one place to visit in winter. To find out more about things to do (and many pictures), check out my Verbier travel guide.
WHERE TO STAY IN VERBIER
- Mirabeau: I stayed at this 3-star property and enjoyed great room views (especially sunrise views). The hotel is quite basic (and so was breakfast), but the view and the fireplace in the lobby made up for the simplicity. Click here to find out more about the hotel and get the best hotel rates.
Let´s talk about another gem, which is maybe THE most beautiful village of all: Morcote. It is located in the Italian-speaking part of Ticino and is just a few kilometers from Lugano.
It was voted the most beautiful village in Switzerland in 2016 and if you ask me: rightfully so. It is a perfect mix of Germany and Italy – okay, it has more Italian vibes. Morcote is pretty. It is stunning. It is a mus-see in the country.
THINGS TO DO IN MORCOTE
- Visit Church Santa Maria del Sasso and enjoy some fantastic views over Lake Lugano.
- Search The Swing and…swing- within Ticino you will find several swings which are part of a project (more about it in my post)
- Stroll the old town of Morcote and walk along the pretty promenade
- Hike up San Salvatore from Morcote – a beautiful view is guaranteed from the top.
- Hop on a boat and visit lively Lugano.
- Check out my Morcote post for more info on this beautiful, beautiful place.
- Graubünden / Grison
Talking about the voting of the most beautiful villages in Switzerland: In 2015, Soglio was the winner of the contest! It is different to its successor, Morcote, and yet it is absolutely stunning.
Perched on a sunny terrace Soglio sits at almost 1,1000 meters above sea level. Though located in the mainly German-speaking region of Grison, Solgio is actually Italian-speaking and close to the Italian border.
As charming as this place, is there are not many activities you can do. So, I cannot offer you guys a long “to-do” list, but here are a few ideas.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN SOGLIO
- For nice views, visit the cemetery as well as the vantage point outside the village center.
- And make sure to walk each street – there are not many, so it should not take you long to visit. Yet, it is charming and…again, beautiful.
- If you are up to some hiking, then check out the trails from Majola or Casaccia to Soglio (known as Via Panoramica Val Bregaglia) – it is supposed to be one of the prettiest hikes in the country.
FINAL THOUGHT ON THE BEST TOWNS TO VISIT IN SWITZERLAND
I hope you have enjoyed my post on the best towns to visit in Switzerland. I might have forgotten a village or town, but I am pretty sure most gorgeous Swiss towns and villages are on this list.
Switzerland´s scenery is one of a kind but as you can see, you should add villages and towns to your Switzerland itinerary because there are soooo many gorgeous places to visit.
- Do not forget to check out my post with recommendations, “most beautiful places in Switzerland,”
- and if you want to find all my Switzerland posts, click here.