Which Places Have you Already Visited?
I am asked very often which places I have already visited and I always forget to count. But I like the idea of having my own map, reminding me of the beautiful countries I have been to. I sat down and wrote down places, I have visited.
Where have you been already?
- USA – New York (see blog post), Niagara Falls. Las Vegas (see blog post), San Fransico, Los Angeles and surroundings, Grand Canyon
- Canada – Toronto, Niagara Falls, 1001 Island
- Portugal – Lisbon (see blog post), Sintra, and Cascais Region (see blog post)
- Germany – many places as I live here, e.g. Bremen (see blog post), Hamburg, Munich, Berlin (see blog post)
- Spain – Barcelona (find out what to do in one week in Barcelona)
- Greece – Rhodos and Lindos, and Thessaloniki (see posts here)
- Italy – Venice (see blog post), Milano (see blog post), Como (see blog post)
- Switzerland – a lot of places, but many times to Zurich, Lucerne, Geneva, Logano (blog posts on Switzerland)
- Austria – Vienna (see blog post here), Carinthia
- Hungary – Budapest
- Czech Republic – Prague
- Slovakia – Bratislava (check out Parampara´s tips for things to do in Bratislava)
- Poland – Breslau
- England: many places, often in London (more here), Birmingham, Coventry, Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, Hastings, Eastbourne, Dover (blog post on England)
- Scotland: Edinburgh and round trip
- Wales: Llangollen, Glyndwr (stayed there for few months), Llandudno
- France: Lyon and several times Paris (see blog post)
- Belgium – Brussels
- Netherlands: Amsterdam (several times), Rotterdam
- Sweden: Stockholm (see blog post on Sweden and a review of the Stockholmpass)
- Estland: Tallinn (blog post here)
- Finland: Helsinki (blog post here)
The Middle East
- Egypt: Sharm El-Sheikh and Cairo
- United Emirates: Dubai (blog posts here) and Abu Dhabi (blog posts here)
- Afghanistan: Kabul (born there but no memories, but read Alex´ this guide to find out more)
- India: New Delhi (as a baby)
- Hong Kong (read my posts on Hong Kong here)
- Macau (more about my 2 day trip to Macau here)
- Indonesia: Bali (more here)
- Thailand: Bangkok
- Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur (see blog post) and Langkawi (see blog post)
- Turkey (Alanya)
- South Africa (Cape Town and road trip)
- Australia – Melbourne (lived in Melbourne for a year), and Sydney several times, Gold Coast, Swan Hill)
I have been to 36 countries so far (I count Wales, England, and Scotland as three different countries and not as one 🙂 and according to that generated map I have seen about almost 14% of all states. That means to me that are so many countries and places I still have to travel to.
There also other maps where you can put in more specifically in which places you have been to. Though I have only seen a little tiny part of the Canadian East Coast the whole country is marked red- however, it is a nice tool which gives you a nice overview.
Do I have any favorite places?
Well, I am a big Switzerland fan and that would be a place I could see myself living in. Melbourne is special to me because I have been there 3 times and I also lived there for a year. South Africa was one of the most beautiful countries I have been to. I am a big UK fan and I love South East Asia, though I can’t imagine living there. Well, I think I could never name one favorite place but I am happy that I have been able to always collect good memories – everywhere.
I have never been to South America – that needs to be changed and I would love seeing more of Africa.
Which places have you visited yet? What is on your bucket list?
More pictures on Instagram
Like my page on Facebook.