Ultimate Packing List: The Perfect Summer Packing List
- 1 Ultimate Packing List: The Perfect Summer Packing List
- 1.1 Luggage/Bags/Organizing
- 1.2 General / Electronics to Pack for Your Summer Trip
- 1.3 Beauty/Health/Hygiene Products to Pack for Your Summer Holidays
- 1.4 Clothes to Pack for Your Summer Trip
- 1.5 What Fashion Accessory to Pack for Your Summer Vacation
- 1.6 Footwear to Pack for Your Summer Trip
- 1.7 What to Pack for a Rainy Summer Day
- 1.8 What to Pack for a Day at the Beach
- 1.9 What Else to Pack for Your Summer Holidays
Are you super excited for your summer vacation? Are you planning to spend time at dreamy beaches, hiking in stunning landscapes, or doing some sightseeing in one of the pretty towns and cities throughout the world? Flights are booked, accommodation is safe (or if you are like me you just book last-minute?) and now you only need to make sure you have all you need and your packing list for a summer trip is complete and you have not forgotten anything? Well, here is: the complete packing list for Europe.
Check out my list to see which things you should not forget to pack for your next trip. By the way: if you are still looking for travel inspiration, check out my post about 15 colorful cities in Europe, or my favorite top 10 cities in the world.
Okay, let´ get started with the Ultimate Packing List: The Perfect Summer Packing List.
As a traveler, or tourist (though I hate the debate a lot, so I feel addressed by either term), luggage is essential. Cheap is more expensive – sometimes, and this can be applied for luggage. Though I would not spend thousands of $$$ on luggage, I prefer buying decent luggage so it prevents me to buy it twice.
- Depending on the part where you are traveling to and what kind of traveler you are, either a suitcase or a backpack[ is the better choice.
- A wheeled carry-on luggage or a weekender is also always part of my travels.
- Handbags or small backpack? it really depends, what kind of traveler you are. I love my handbags, but actually have a backpack as well, when I do short hikes etc. prefer cross-body bags (it is more practical and secure). Click here to see some more affordable bags or here if you are looking for more extravagant and luxurious handbags, find some cool, stylish backpacks here.
- Cotton Bag – Cotton what? If you decide to travel in Europe (and particularly in Germany), you will notice that plastic bags most often cost money- for grocery or other kinds of shopping. Actually, this is a great for the environment (and also for us travelers), though not very handy. So, some cotton bags are very cool and fun, so this is actually a good “investment” and you could also use it for the beach as well. Check out some cotton bags here.
- Have you noticed that many people (aka bloggers) recommend packing cubes lately? It is because travel packing cubes [/easyazon_link] are actually very handy, so get the packing cube before your next summer trip.
- Laundry bags are great if you travel for longer and don’t want your dirty and clean clothes to mix up.
- I constantly lose stuff (also jewelry) so probably I should put a small travel jewelry case on my list, so it does not happen anymore.
- If you travel abroad you probably need your passport – my passport does not fit into my regular wallet, so I have a passport holder wallet which I take with me. This travel passport wallet comes in great, fun colors, too (p.s. talking about passport holders, your passport/ID is of course, the most important item you have to take).
General / Electronics to Pack for Your Summer Trip
Traveling the world is amazing, however, some items help to make traveling even better: Whether it is a camera that helps you to capture beautiful moments or some entertainment gear to keep you staying alive if you have along-distance flight etc
- I have my laptop with me whenever I fly, as I can work etc. – new TSA regulations are stricter now, so you are probably not allowed to take your laptop as a carry-on item, so double-check before you fly.
- A while ago, I thought my tablet is the most useless item I bought in a while – since I can download from Netflix (and thus watch my shows offline) I have found one good argument bringing my tablet with me whenever I travel
- My phone– without doubt one of my most useful and important (travel) item
- A power charger – how long does your phone battery last? Not long? Neither does mine, so this is essential.
Beauty/Health/Hygiene Products to Pack for Your Summer Holidays
If I travel for 10 days or shorter I take travel sizes toiletries which I refill with my natural and organic beauty products from home (shampoo, conditioner, hair masks, cleaning water and cleansing milk), if I travel for longer I take the original sizes.
More products that I recommend for a summer holiday (okay, that loooks like a looooong list but most items are just small things which do not take a lot of space)
Forget all the different small bags for shampoo etc. – get them all packed in a Toiletry Kit
- My favorite hairbrush (especially for longer hair)
- Refreshing towelettes– though I think they are not eco-friendly sometimes they are just essential and a must.
- Face cream (which I also use as a hand cream, so I do not have to take another cream)
- A small cosmetic bag for your makeup
- Peppermint drops or chewing gums (though I heard chewing gums are not good when you fly, so probably stick to peppermint drops
- Deodorant– I don’t think, I need to explain this further 🙂
- Invisibobble hair ties – I hate my hair open when I am in the plane
- Toothbrush & paste should also be self-explanatory as well as mouthwash
- I do not wear much makeup normally, rouge & mascara are my lifesavers, though
- I have dry eyes and so eye drops are a must for me
- I am normally sick when I fly (not sure why this happens, but I always have a cold!) and always have some tissues with me
Clothes to Pack for Your Summer Trip
As you have probably noticed from my Instagram pictures, I love beautiful dresses and clothes – and I like to be dressed nicely when I get my pictures taken. These pictures are everlasting memories and will help me reminder places and moments – in case I should forget them.
Here are some colorful and lovely dresses I found at Tahari – an Online-shop for women with clothes for all kind of women, starting from petite size to women´s plus. These are some items I have fallen in love with and which I would love to get for myself.
- I had a yellow skirt with me on my last summer trip to Italy/Switzerland – I think, it was one of my most loved clothes by my followers. Summer means to wear bright colors, so pack a bright and fun skirt for sure
- Pack some colorful and lovely dresses
- Ohhh, my favorite part is to pack colorful skirts, tops, and dresses. White (or bright) tops and pants are essential – it seriously helps not to melt sometimes 🙂
- Since I lose regularly lose jewelry (it is really awful) and thus mostly wear watches and bracelets, I love tops that are so beautiful that no jewelry is required
- Summer in jeans can be horrible, I prefer lighter clothes – and again, I try to avoid black as much as possible (not always possible, I know) and prefer white pants
- Summer usually means more casual dressing, but it can never harm to have a lovely cocktail dress, or?
Of course, you will also need underwear, some socks (probably?), pajamas, etc. but I think, I do not need to go into detail here :).
What Fashion Accessory to Pack for Your Summer Vacation
Sometimes fashion accessory is not only a fashion statement but also essential for the health.
- To me sunglasses are more than an accessorize – it protects your eyes and can help you stay healthy. So invest in proper sunglasses which actually really protect your eyes from sun rays.
- I am not a hat addict. But when it is really hot and sunny a hat can be a lifesaver, so a hat should be in your bag even when you aren’t a huge fan.
Footwear to Pack for Your Summer Trip
- Summertime means flip flops time – so don’t forget to pack at least one pair (or like I do several of them).
- Sandals and flat shoes should be on your list well, because as cool as flip-flops are, they are sometimes inappropriate to wear.
- If you plan to do a lot of walking consider getting Birkenstock sandals which are a treat for your feet. I own two pairs of Birkenstock and after one day breaking time they do a fantastic job.
What to Pack for a Rainy Summer Day
Summer does not always mean sun and heat- at least not in Europe. In Europe (at least in the northern parts) summer can also mean some (or a lot) of rain once in a while and it can get chilly.
So, check the weather forecast and be prepared to take:
- a jacket
- A scarf
- A rain jacket
- Rubber boots & trainers
- Mini umbrella
Though many people might expect rainy days in the UK, the truth is that even Switzerland and Germany (and other countries) experience (heavy) rain during summer. Also, the umbrella can also serve as sun protection (I wish, I had one back in Dubai – but that is a different story).
What to Pack for a Day at the Beach
- Beach bag – I love bags, it´s like a wonderful addiction. Beach bags are so cool because they are light, big enough, and fun. So a day at the beach without a beach bag is only half as good, so
- If you have a great hotel with a private beach section, you probably do not need a towel. If this is not the case not it should also be on your list. If you do not have any beach towel yet,
- Do you prefer lying at the beach all day, or do you like to be more active? Though I do not do a lot of sports most of the time, beach sports is much more fun and if you agree, bring your beach ball, or a floating unicorn. Unfortunately, this is not part of the essentials in most hotels yet, so you need to get them yourself.
- I am in love with kaftans – a perfect item for the beach
- Last but not least: A bikini, Burkina, or any kind of swimsuit should not be missing on your packing list for some lazy days at the beach.
P.S. Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen & co to the beach as well.
What Else to Pack for Your Summer Holidays
If I travel for longer I get a travel guide -the internet is not always guaranteed throughout the world, so this is actually great to have. Lonely Planet guides are more detailed guides, while Marco Polo ones are less comprehensive.
A foldable, reusable water bottle is pretty handy, which you can get here. In countries like Switzerland, there are fountains with free clean water, which can save you money and it´s much better than plastic bottles.
Do you have more items on your summer vacation packing list? If so, how does your ultimate packing list for a summer vacation look like?
So, wherever you are headed – enjoy your trip and stay safe! Arzo
Disclaimer: This post was written by me but in cooperation with TahariASL.com. This post contains affiliate links – this means I will earn a small commission when you buy a product/service (at no extra cost to you. More about it HERE.
Pin me for later and use this as a summer holiday checklist