BEST INSTAGRAM SPOTS IN DUBAI – WHERE TO FIND GOOD PHOTO LOCATIONS
- 1 BEST INSTAGRAM SPOTS IN DUBAI – WHERE TO FIND GOOD PHOTO LOCATIONS
- 1.1 Burj Khalifa
- 1.2 Dubai City Walk
- 1.3 La Mer
- 1.4 Souks
- 1.5 Dubai Marina
- 1.6 JBR Walk
- 1.7 Madinat Jumeirah
- 1.8 Burj al Arab
- 1.9 Al Bastakiya
- 1.10 Dubai Mall
- 1.11 Atlantis – The Palm
- 1.12 Dubai Miracle Garden
- 1.13 Dubai Desert
- 1.14 The Frame
- 1.15 Dubai from Above
- 1.16 Wings of Mexico Statue
- 1.17 Museum of the Future
- 1.18 FINAL THOUGHTS ON INSTAGRAM-WORTHY PLACES IN DUBAI
Are you heading to Dubai and wondering about the most Instagrammable places in Dubai? If Instagram had existed 100 years ago, or even 60 years ago, we would have mostly seen pictures from the desert.
A few decades ago, there was not much more in this city (or emirate) than sand…okay, there was the beach and the creek, but there was mostly just sand.
- If you are looking for the best things to do in Dubai, click here,
- and here are my tips for the best areas to stay in Dubai (and the best hotels for all budgets).
IMPORTANT INFO: You need to be careful when taking pictures of people, though, especially of Arabian women who are not fully covered, which can be a little challenging.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I might earn a small commission when you buy a product (at no extra cost to you) after clicking on my link. More about it here.
Here are my favorite places to take great pictures in Dubai – whether it is for your Instagram feed or just for you!
How could it be anything else? Burj Khalifa not only amazes with its height but also with its unique-shaped design. It is a spectacular photo motif.
At night, when there is a laser show, or the building is illuminated, it gets even more photogenic. Here you will find out how to take good pictures.
BEST PHOTO SPOTS
- You can take nice shots from Burj Plaza, the Frame (more about that later), or just while standing in front of it (next to the Dubai Fountain and Dubai Mall).
- For more unique views, head to one of the cafes or restaurants to see Burj Khalifa in its full, astonishing glory. Here are some places that offer great views of Burj Khalifa: CÉ LA VI at the Address Sky View, Morimoto Dubai, or Thiptara restaurant. But there are many, many more places.
- As pretty as the Burj is, standing on top of it, either on levels 124+125 or level 148 (there are different tickets for those levels), makes the picture even more perfect.
You can take the best pictures from the side where you can look down at the Dubai Fountain. It adds some nice blue to the picture – no surprise, this is one of the most photogenic places in Dubai.
Book your tickets for Burj Khalifa online and save time (that you can rather spend on taking pictures) – the queues can be crazy. For more information on “At the Top,” read my important information for your Instagram photo location at Burj Khalifa.
Dubai City Walk
One of the newer areas that is a good photo spot in Dubai is the City Walk. The area, located between Jumeirah Beach (La Mer) and Burj Khalifa, is lovely in the daytime and an even better spot in the evening.
With all the lights, it makes this place pretty picture-perfect. You´ll also find a bit of street art – those images might be familiar to you if you have followed some Dubai hashtags – but there are more photo opportunities than that.
If you like to take outdoor pictures with some nature and city life in them, then head to La Mer. This area is newly created and recently opened, and it seems like it was made for Instagrammers.
The numerous cafes are extremely stylish (in a casual way), and you will find some of the best cafes to take images in. But the beachfront, the cute beach houses, and of course, the beach view (with a stunning view of Burj Khalifa) make this place picture-perfect from every angle.
- To see more pictures and find out more about this pretty place, read my La Mer Guide.
The souks are so pretty here in Dubai (probably everywhere)! Many of the souks could be used as an Instagram location, the Gold and Spice Souks in Deira (the old part of Dubai) are the most picturesque. There is so much gold to see, so many beautifully presented spices, and loads of colorful Arabian clothes that you need to have your camera ready when visiting.
Tip: As a woman, I recommend dressing more modestly if you want to avoid stares. This area can be quite intense – not everyone feels comfortable here. I enjoy my visits to the souks but I dress more conservatively.
If I get rich one day, I will buy an apartment overlooking Dubai Marina. I will sit on my balcony all day and admire the place – with its many, many skyscrapers; the (artificial) canal; and all the lights, abras (water taxis), yachts, and illuminated dhows (old Arabian boats); this place is perfect for taking tons of pretty pictures.
- The best places to take photos are from Pier 7 (a building that hosts seven restaurants), from the Pool Restaurant of the Address Hotel, and just by randomly strolling along.
- A Marina boat tour is also a lot of fun, and you get to take many cool pictures (I mostly book my tours via Viator and GetYourGuide, so I have listed these two websites with relevant tours for you).
For fun and some cute street art, head to JBR Walk. But there is more than street art that is Insta-worthy in Dubai.
You can head to one of the numerous (really, there are tons of them) cafes or get shooting in front of the graffiti that you see on the walls (some are a bit hidden, so keep your eyes wide open).
- Get on the Flying Cup, which is another good place for Instagrammers or people who like to take fun photos. You will not even need a drone to take shots from above. Isn’t the beautiful greenish water a great photo opportunity?
Whenever you are in Dubai, you have to visit Madinat Jumeirah – whether for taking pictures or just because you want to see something nice.
- You can start at Madinat Jumeirah’s entrance and then walk towards the souks (markets) for nice pics.
- And for more pictures of Burj al Arab, the most expensive hotel in the world, visit one of the restaurants/cafes to see it from a unique angle.
- Another great way to take photos in Madinat Jumeirah is from one of the abras (water taxis). As a guest of a Jumeirah hotel, you can ride them for free. If you are not a hotel guest, you have to pay a fee to get a ride.
Burj al Arab
If you have been looking at Dubai pictures, you have probably seen the photos of a beach with Burj al Arab in the background.
Honestly, even though these have been all over Instagram for the longest time, this place does not get old.
- If you go to Kite Beach or Jumeirah Beach, you have Burj al Arab in the background.
- If you want to have the Burj on the other side, you have to either stay in one of the Jumeirah hotels in Madinat Jumeirah or get a beach day pass for one of the luxury hotels.
Either way, this place is Insta popular for a reason.
If you are looking for an area with a more historical touch, then head to Al Bastakiya. It is located at the Creek, and the old houses are pretty nice to photograph.
If you come here early in the day, you do not have to share the place with too many others, which allows you to take your photos with less stress.
- The most Instagrammable cafe in Al Bastakiya is the Secret Garden. Make sure to stop there and have your camera ready.
If you think that malls cannot be that Instagram-worthy, you have not been to Dubai Mall.
This place is perfect for those who like indoor shootings. There are so many great spots to take pictures of that it is crazy. The lovely cafes alone are gorgeous elements that are constantly changing, adding more beauty to this place. You will see that there is no shortage of Instagram spots.
- While you will stumble upon nice spots all the time, definitely check out the Fashion Avenue area in the mall, which is the best spot for taking images.
- There is also a dino! Yes, a real skeleton of a dino.
Atlantis – The Palm
Atlantis is one of the most iconic hotels in Dubai and a popular photo location in Dubai.
The unique shape (sort of, as it is a re-creation of the Atlantis in the Bahamas) has made this place one of the best for taking pictures. Whether you take images from above (via a relic flight), from a boat (e.g., a Palm Boat Cruise), or visit it by stopping by the staircase, cafes (like Nassima), or beach area, this hotel is amazing for Instagrammers.
- You can book a boat tour (especially the speedboat tours are great) and get to take pictures of the Atlantis from a distance.
- Or book a room for a night (or even a day ticket for the beach will do it) at this luxury hotel.
Dubai Miracle Garden
Of course, Dubai Miracle Garden is one of the very best places and an Instagram heaven.
Unfortunately, this is not a secret gem, so it is quite busy. Getting a shot of the heart without anyone else in it can be quite challenging.
However, if you come here early in the morning or during the off-season (or are just patient enough), then this will be your place. Tickets are about 10€, but you normally do not need to book tickets in advance.
Simple, yet stunning! The desert is always overwhelming, and, without question, one of those places that scream, “Take my picture!” Endless dunes make it one of the best places for IG pics.
For the best images, visit during sunset and book a desert safari, so you can take photos of the areas that were created to spend some time in an “authentic” Arabian place – with tents and Arabian carpets, another place for your Instagram shooting.
Find the best rates for your photo location in Dubai
- Morning Desert Safari incl. Dune Buggy
- Find out more about a desert safari, including dune bashing and a BBQ
- Fancying an overnight safari tour? Then click here to find out more
One of Dubai´s newest attractions is the golden Frame, located in Zabeel Park.
Taking a photo of its full size is no easy task, but you can also take beautiful shots from above. The interior design is beautiful and makes for some great pictures, too.
Whether you walk along the glass floor or look at Burj Khalifa, this place was made for bloggers in Dubai.
Dubai from Above
There is no better way to take nice images from Dubai than from a helicopter.
The opportunities for great views from there are endless. While it is tricky to take images through a window, the view might make up for that. Depending on the tour you book, you can take pictures of the Palm, Burj Khalifa, and Burj al-Arab with the kilometer-long beach.
Just check your images quickly when taking photos, so you can see the best way to avoid reflections through the glass. Here are the best views in Dubai – my personal recommendations for Dubai from above.
Seeing Dubai from above – here are the best rates for a helicopter tour
I cannot get enough of Dubai´s Instagram places. Okay, here is my last tip.
Wings of Mexico Statue
You will find many wings all around Dubai – the Wings of Mexico statue is definitely one of the best photo spots in Dubai. Not only are the wings itself are really photogenic, but especially with Burj Khalifa in the background, it is a perfect location in the city. Like many other popular photo spots, it normally is jam-packed, and people line up. It was not really worth my wait though I regretted not having taken my picture there in hindsight.
Museum of the Future
Another rather new amazing photo location in Dubai is the Museum of the Future on the main road of the city – Sheikh Zayed Road. Hardly to oversee, this impressive building is a beauty!
Designed as an asymmetric torus clad in steel and glass – with some Arabic calligraphy – it has been named one of the most beautiful museums in the world by National Geographic.
While I have not visited the museum itself, the exterior quite amazed me (the entrance is about is about 40€ – about $40) and thus, it made it on the list.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON INSTAGRAM-WORTHY PLACES IN DUBAI
Though I do blog and write about my travels, I am not the typical Instagram blogger. However, I do enjoy beautiful photo locations as much as you do. And Dubai has quite a lot to offer – as someone who likes taking pictures, Dubai surely spoils us.
I hope you enjoyed my post about the most Instagrammable places in Dubai.