How to Pack the Perfect Carry-On for Your Travels
Whenever I travel, packing my carry-on is very important. However, it sometimes changes – whether it is a long-distance or short-distance flight. Find out what I pack when I have long-distance flights and what the best carry-on essentials are n my eyes.
Here is my Packing Guide: Carry-on must-have items for long distance flights. Find out what to do before an international flight.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which mean I might earn a small commission when you buy a product (at no extra cost to you) after clicking on my link. More about it here.
Here are my favorite carry-on items for long-distance flights and which I always pack (unless I am not well organized which can happen once in a while, but this is what my perfect carry-on items look like).
- A big handbag and often also a piece of wheeled carry-on luggage – for the more sporty ones I recommend a backpack
- Plastic bag with a zipper for liquids – more eco-friendly and handy if you travel often is this TSA approved toiletry bags
- Passports/ID & tickets holder
- Pens and a small journal
Entertainment / Tech Gear
- I have my laptop with me whenever I fly, as I can work etc. – new TSA regulations are stricter now, so you are probably not allowed to take your laptop as a carry-on item, so double-check before you fly.
- A while ago, I thought my tablet is the most useless item I bought in a while – since I can download from Netflix (and thus watch my shows offline) I have found one good argument bringing my tablet with me whenever I travel
- My phone– without doubt one of my most useful and important (travel) item
- Pack a camera – I love taking shots from my window seat – and since I take valuables with me, this is in my carry-on bag (if you are more minimalistic and do not want to pack heavy, skip the camera and just use your phone – in this case, it might be a good investment to get a good mobile phone). This is the camera that I am using atm – nothing overly fancy but good enough for me.
- I have to admit, that I still don’t have a kindle, so a “real” book is often an essential
- A power charger – how long does your phone battery last? Not long? Neither does mine, so this is essential.
Wondering what you can do to survive a long-distance flight?
Click here to find out what I do so I won´t die of boredom
Comfort / Clothes
- A neck pillow– my best friend when traveling for more than 4 hours
- Warm socks which are also stylish
- I personally do not use a sleeping mask but a must-have for many travelers
- A big and warm scarf is my absolute must-have (which I can use for different purposes)
- Flat shoes which can be easily taken off
- A cardigan which I use occasionally as an extra blanket
- For long-distance flights, compression socks are a must because my legs get heavy and I have suffered from circulatory disturbances
Beauty / Stay Fresh
- Dry shampoo– though I do not use it normally it is perfect after long-distance flights (check size and choose the small travel size)
- My favorite hairbrush (especially for longer hair) – or if you have less space take a comb
- Refreshing towelettes– though I think they are not eco-friendly sometimes they are just essential and a must.
- Face cream (which I also use as a hand cream, so I do not have to take another cream)
- A small cosmetic bag for your makeup
- Peppermint drops or chewing gums (though I heard chewing gums are not good when you fly, so probably stick to peppermint drops
- Deodorant– I don’t think, I need to explain this further 🙂
- Invisibobble hair ties – I hate my hair open when I am in the plane
- Toothbrush & paste should also be self-explanatory as well as mouthwash
- I do not wear much makeup normally, rouge & mascara are my lifesavers, though
- I have dry eyes and so eye drops are a must for me
- I am normally sick when I fly (not sure why this happens, but I always have a cold!) and always have some tissues with me
So, girls (and boys) I hope, this list is comprehensive and all important items are listed. If I have forgotten something leave a comment, so I can add it.
Safe travels wherever you are headed! Arzo
Find out what to do before an international flight.
Wondering what you can do to survive a long-distance flight? Click here to find out what I do so I won´t die of boredom.
Pin me for later.
Check out what not to pack for travel.